Dear twenty year old me,
1. Thirty isn’t old…even though you spent many years in your youth professing how ancient you will be at thirty. Being thirty isn’t so bad and certainly not ancient. I remember a moment in your life when you thought you would never see thirty.
2. Marriage is really hard… there will be days when it may feel like too much, when hurt happens – remember why you’re here, and remember it is worth all of the work. Tell him you appreciate him more often…and tell him you love him everyday.
3. Make better financial choices….bad debt always comes with regret.
4. When that pregnancy test turns positive…breathe. Remember this…God knows exactly what He is doing and being a mom will be challenging but it is worth all of the work.
5. You will experience losses so profound they will shake the core of who you are. Say I love you until it hurts…every chance you get. Treasure people more than things and when loss comes cling to God because He will provide incredible peace.
7. Get into His Word…make His Word a priority because it will transform you sooner, rather than later.
8. Follow God’s lead and not your own…He has a greater plan for you than you have for yourself.